Responsible Digital Citizenship
Goal: Provide students and families with tools to guide in making responsible choices with technology/social media.
- Increase student and family awareness of their "digital footprint."
- Assist student and family in developing a sense of responsibility for their "digital footprint."
- Assist students and family in developing appropriate boundaries regarding social media/technology.
Developmental & Vocational Strategies (DVS)
Goal: Provide students with meaningful post-secondary education through DVS classes, NHA guidance counselor, and EOS services.
- Continue to educate students on soft skills and hard skills needed for successful post-secondary education.
- Continue to aide students in college/career/trade school applications by utilizing college planning systems (Naviance, Career Cruising).
- Assist students in planning for support for their next environment (work, school) by improving classroom skills, independent living skills, and connecting with emotional/therapeutic support outside of NHA.
Goal: Focus on developing NewHope as community and within Arlington Heights.
- Increase appreciation of diversity, service, and community.
- Build a strong sense of community through volunteer work, fundraising, school spirit, and continued Service Learning projects.
- Investigate and plan opportunities to be involved in the Arlington Heights Community.
- Connect consistently with Police, Fire, and Village staff within Arlington Heights to develop positive relationships.